Been awhile since we talked? Below not up-to-date? Please be in touch. #labfamily
- Silvia Newell, Associate Professor of Earth and Environmental Science, Wright State University
- Priya Roy Chowdhury, Assistant Professor, Keene State College
- Sarah Foster, (MS: 2010-2010; Ph.D.: 2010-2019). Currently: Lecturer at Babson University
- Joanna Carey, Ph.D. (2009-2013). Currently: Assistant Professor, Babson College
- Amanda Vieillard, MS (2011-2013). Currently: Ph.D. student at the University of Auckland.
- Lindsey Fields, Ph.D., co-advised w/ C. Oviatt at GSO/URI for her last year (2012-2013). Currently: Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Georgia.
- Elise Heiss, Ph.D. (2009-2014). Currently: Assistant Professor of Chemistry at King’s College.
- Timothy Maguire, Ph.D. (2013-2017) Currently: Postdoctoral Researcher at the Great Lakes Water Research Institute.
- Hollie E. Emery, Ph.D. (2010-2018) Currently: Postdoctoral Researcher in the Department of Organismal and Evolutionary Biology at Harvard University.
Directed Study, UROP, and/or Senior Thesis
- Mary Kate Rogener, Ph.D at UGA; Currently: Coastal Ecology Program Analyst at NOAA
- Courtney Zambory, MS at Iowa State University; Currently: Natural Resources Specialist II : Spatial Information Analyst, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Julia Luthringer, MS at Yale University; Currently: Program Officer at National Geographic
- Maria Henning
- Kristin Yoshimura; Ph.D. at University of Delaware. Currently: Postdoc at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Maya Babu; Currently: MS student at University of Maryland
- Halina Malinowski, Currently: Volunteer Supervisor, Game Rangers International, Zambia
- Sam Gifford
- Mollie Yacano; Currently: Ph.D. student University of North Carolina
- Christopher Payne; Currently: Vet school at Cornell
- Katie Pritchard
- Emma Chamberlain; Currently: Ph.D. student at Scripps
- Jennifer Soukup; Currently: MS student at URI
- Robert Lauto; Currently: Associate Data Analyst at Digital Remedy and part time student in the CUNY SPS Master of Science in Data Science.
- Emma Schectman; Currently: Teacher at Nature’s Classroom
- Carly Langan; Currently: studying neuroscience at BU
- Gabriel Hillyer; MS at University of Maine, Currently: Ph.D. at University of Maine
- Spencer Showalter; MS from University of Washington
- Julie Mastermann; Currently: Science Education & Outreach Coordinator at CUASHI
- Ben Suehler
- Christine Anderson
- Kristin Raub
- Mark Zemel
- Michelle Janaszek
- Hedee Kim
- Maggie Notopoulous
- Zoe Yu
- Sam Gwizd
- Sarah Sargent
- Suzanne Duan
- Rachel Schweiker
- Ashley Banks
- Devon McGhee
- Taylor O’Leary
- Bennett Paradis
- Melissa Lorella
- Dylan Lewellyn
- Elise Greenberg
- Michelle Chen
- Sarah Donovan
- Abby Greenwood
- Caroline Vokas
- Zachary Bengston
- Katie Sidell
- Abby Greenwood
High school Students
- Ariel Bobbett
- Akaash Tawade
- Emily Miao
- Eric Morgan (2010-2011). Currently: Postdoctoral Scholar at Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Ken Czapla (2010-2014). Currently: Ph.D. student at Virginia Institute of Marine Science
- Alia Al-Haj (2014-2018). Currently: Ph.D. student in my lab
- Isabel Sánchez-Viruet (2016-2017). Currently: Laboratory Assistant Chesapeake Bay Laboratory
- Seth Berger (2018)
- Brendan Kelly (2018-2020). Currently: Environmental Scientist at Coneco Engineers and Scientists
Senior Thesis Titles:
Luthringer, Julia (2013) Matching the Call to the Whale: Identifying Unknown Call Types to Improve Marine Mammal Management and Conservation.
Yoshimura, Kristin (2013) Investigating the Presence of Methane and Nitrous Oxide Producing Microbes within the Intestinal Tract of the Salt Marsh Fiddler Crab Uca pugnax.
Rogener, Mary Kate (2013) Manganese Cycling in a Temperate Estuary – Temporal Variations and Response to High Nitrogen Inputs.
Malinowski, Halina (2016) Exploring the Impact of Elephants on the Silica Cycle: A Case Study with the Asian Elephants (Elephas maximus) of the Buttonwood Park Zoo in New Bedford, MA.
Showalter, Spencer (2017) Prevalence and impact of toxic Pseudo-nitzschia blooms in the California Current System in 2016.
Yacano, Mollie (2017) Assessing the Role of Macroalgae in Silicon Cycling in Two Temperature Estuaries.
Chamberlain, Emelia (2018) Ice-block lakes amplify paleoclimate signals: exploring late Holocene hydrologic and biogeochemical variability of Antarctic Lake Eggers.
Soukup, Jennifer (2018) The Role of Invasive Phragmites australis in Altering Salt Marsh Silica Cycling.